Tuesday 19 March 2013

Music

Apart from science, music is probably my passion and soul in life. My favourite band of all time is the Rolling Stones. I love them, adore them and breathe them. The Beatles are then fairly on par with the Rolling Stones. Then I LOVEE The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Marianne Faithfull, David Bowie, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Black Sabbath, Neil Young, Billy Idol, The Angles, REM, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Muddy Waters, The Travelling Wilbury's, ELO, Sonny & Cher, AC/DC, The Police, Jimi Hendrix, The Who, Pink Floyd,  Lana Del Rey, Grimes, Placebo, Blink-182, The Velvet Underground, Francoise Hardy, Smokie, Tom Petty, Bon Iver, Crystal Castles. Okay, okay I will stop now... But I love music. obviously.

OH MY GOD I FORGOT ERIC CLAPTON! OH MY LORD!

Ok. So my point of this post is that I really love music, so I guess now I'm going to talk about what music has and does teach me.

Music introduces me to the people who wrote the music, thus I also learn from them. I.e, Keith Richards taught me not to touch heroin (I love that man more then life though). George Harrison introduced me to spirituality, and broaden my views on everything. Jim Morrison, well, he's just astounded me by all means. A true genius right there ladies and gentlemen. Music has really just bought a lot of acceptance, and has become almost a distraction for me and a coping mechanism. When I was 15 a lot of my childhood pain slowly was coming back, then my dad got diagnosed with Cancer. I got all my saddness out through music. Playing it, playing guitar making tunes. I really dove into the beauty, and love of music. In a funny way, reflecting on the past couple of years music has really enlightened me. Apart from being pleasure to people's ears it is also a lovely use of enlightment.


No comments:

Post a Comment